The Birthday Dungeon
A downloadable game
Today is your birthday. You have inherited the keys to a dungeon. This won’t end well.
The birthday dungeon combines the thrills of lovecraftian horror with the gameplay of a reading comprehension test. It is a fast-paced text-based roguelike riddled with mystery and intrigue.
The game is easy to learn (you click on things and try not to die) but hard to master (you need to click on the right things to not die.) You will fail. Repeatedly. However, each attempt will help you learn develop new strategies for survival.
The Birthday Dungeon would make a great birthday present for somebody you don't like very much. It would also make a great Christmas present for anybody whose birthday happens to fall on Christmas.
This is an early access title. Further expansions to the dungeon are underway, bugs are being squished, polish is being applied. However, there is already a lot of content to explore in the birthday dungeon. You yourself could spend a lot of your leisure time in this dungeon, if you're into that sort of thing.
- Hundreds of unique encounters
- A novella-worth of prose! (Roughly 30,000 words and counting)
- Fast-paced strategic gameplay combining the conventions of interactive fiction and the roguelike genre
- Over 30 original chiptune melodies
- Hundreds of works of 16x16 pixel art, lovingly crafted in MS paint
- Includes the FREE Sergespansion!
The Birthday Dungeon is currently windows only.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 0.9.0 - The I Forgot To Record Changenotes Update17 days ago
- The Crabcosa UpdateDec 29, 2017
- Day 2 DLC updateDec 20, 2017
- The Birthday Dungeon - released early accessDec 18, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.